Whether you call them "Self Help" books or "Personal Development" books, learning from others and reading about different perspectives is never a bad thing.
I believe people who sarcastically call them Self Help books (I know a few!) are either bitter because you're trying to get help/learn or they're too arrogant to learn from others.
Reading for 10 minutes a day is one of the things I'm going to be talking about in my next blog: "5 things to Do and 5 things to Stop doing in the New Year."
And when I say "read everyday", I'm not just talking about any old book. Put down the trash or the fantasy novels that take you away from your reality. Read books that are going to inspire you, push you towards your goals and make you a better person.
So here are a few of my faves:
1. The Bible - God: For me, this one is kind of a no brainer. As a huge fan and...
What I learned in my 20's & why I'm embracing my 30's
1. Self-Development is key! You have to want to be better...to do better. Don’t think you already know it all! So put the trashy novel down because you’re husband hasn’t given you enough affection and pick up a book on how to pray, how to be an effective leader; pick up a book on Dreaming BIG or how to learn Italian. Never stop learning!
2. Embrace your body and share it with your husband....often! It will make you a happier couple, not just because he’ll be happy....but I promise, you’ll be happier too.
3. Being emotional is OK! Embrace it! It means you have a big ole heart and you’re not afraid to let people see it. So when someone says “You are so dramatic.” Just say “Thank you.”
4. Do NOT be led my those emotions! Be emotional, but know that...